Sandals Church Kids
We are inviting our kids and families to partner with our church as we learn to be generous like Jesus! As we participate in the Generous Like Jesus giving campaign and invest in the future of Sandals Church, we are excited to partner with you to create opportunities for you to teach and lead your child in what it means to be generous.
God has been incredibly generous to us and Jesus modeled a generous life with both His time and resources while He was on earth. Our church is investing in the future of Sandals Church by raising additional funds for people, places, and technology in order to reach more people with the Gospel. We are excited to include our kids as we rally our church to raise 4.6 million dollars!
We are asking that you invest time in praying with your kids about growing the generosity of your family and our church, create space each week to talk to your kids about generosity, and offer opportunities for your kids to earn money. Our hope is that you will include your child in the process as you pray together about what it looks like for your family to be generous and empower them to raise money themselves! Use this bag to collect any money that your child raises to give to the campaign!
Here are suggestions for ways that your child can earn money to be part of this campaign!
- lemonade stand
- mow lawns
- pet care
- yard work
- wash cars
- bake sale
- garage sale
- sell bracelets or handmade items
- recycle cans and bottles
- tutoring other kids
Week 1: Dear God, Please grow our family to be generous like Jesus. Show our family how you have been generous to us and help us to see how we can be generous to others.
Week 2: Dear God, Please grow our family to be generous like Jesus. Show us where you are calling us to give more of our time, talent, money, and resources to you and our church.
Week 3: Dear God, Please grow our family to be generous like Jesus. Show us the amount you would like us to contribute to the giving campaign and how you can use this campaign to bring your Gospel to others. .
Week 4: Dear God, Please grow our family to be generous like Jesus. Show us where we have opportunities to earn money to give to the campaign and how we can be contributors to expanding the impact of our church.
Week 5: Dear God, Please grow our family to be generous like Jesus. Show the people of our church how you can use our generosity to bring the Gospel to our city and to the world.
Questions to ask
- What does it mean to be generous?
- How has God been generous to our family?
- When have you experienced someone else being generous to you?
- When someone gives you something, how does it make you feel?
- How does it feel when you share with your friends or family?
- What are some ways for you to be generous to others?
- Why is it important to be generous to others?
- How can you teach others about the importance of generosity?
- What are some creative ways that we can raise money to create opportunities to be generous?
- What are some ways that we see Jesus was generous when he was on earth? (Dying on the cross, Healing the sick, Feeding the 5,000, Zacchaeus, Good Samaritan)
How to participate
Sandals Church Kids is getting generous, too! Fill up those bags and return them to any Sandals Church campus on the weekend of December 9/10.
Have questions about the campaign email us at email@example.com.