Episode 036 | Acts 17: Wiseguys and Watchmen
What should you do when you’re wronged, how do you deal with a difficult boss and what does it actually mean to actually be a good person? This week Pastor Matt, Justin and Stephanie talk through Acts 17 and answer your follow-up questions.
Travel with Sandals Church
You can join Pastor Matt on two trips to the very places we’ve talked about in Luke and Acts. Visit Turkey, Greece and Rome in Summer 2017 and Israel in Summer 2018. More info at move.sc/travel.
#DebriefSwag Hydroflask Giveaway
We've got two Debrief-themed custom-color 20oz Hydroflasks and they can be yours!
To be entered to win our giveaway, “like” The Debrief Facebook page and post a selfie on Facebook in your Debrief shirt with the hashtag #DebriefSwag – be sure to tag The Debrief Facebook page so your friends can find us and we can find you.
Our winner will be announced on the November 1st show.
Voting & Politics Q&A Show
Prepare to be offended! We've received a lot of requests for some real answers to tough questions on politics and voting. We'll be recording a special episode talking about these issues so send in your questions now.
- (6:22) Did Paul act pridefully?
- (8:40) Does the sabbath have to be on Saturday?
- (12:15) How do I deal with my tough boss?
- (14:28) How do I make tough decisions?
- (17:09) Who are the Watchmen?
- (19:30) Why don't Christians celebrate Jewish holidays?
- (22:47) What scriptures showed the necessity of Christ's suffering?
- (26:48) Were some towns more open-minded than others?
- (30:06) What made Athens so different?
- (32:25) Why don't they understand?
- (34:29) Who was this high council?
- (37:23) Why does Paul have such a cool demeanor?
- (39:32) Why isn't Paul quoting scripture?
- (42:14) What does it mean to "feel their way towards him?"
- (43:53) What does it mean that "God overlooked people's ignorance?"
- (47:47) Why did the council cut Paul off?