Terms and Guidelines
Hi! We believe powerful life change happens when we’re real with ourselves, God, and others. Sandals Church Chat lets you get connected with your community group, volunteer team, campus, and other friends all here in one place.
These terms set forth our legal obligations to each other. They apply to your use of our chat service.
When we say “Sandals Church,” “we,” “us,” and “our” in this document we mean Sandals Church.
Age requirements and responsibility of parents
By accessing our services you confirm that you’re at least 13 years old and meet the minimum age of digital consent in your country. If you are old enough to access our services in your country, but not old enough to have authority to consent to our terms, your parent or guardian must agree to our terms on your behalf. Please ask your parent or guardian to read these terms with you. If you’re a parent or legal guardian, and you allow your teenager to use the services, then these terms also apply to you and you’re responsible for your teenager’s activity on the services.
Your Sandals Church account
To access our services you will need to create a Sandals Church account with a valid mobile phone number that can receive SMS messages.
You are also responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the contact information associated with your account. If you get locked out of your account, we’ll need to contact you at the email or phone number associated with your account, and we may not be able to restore your account to you if you no longer have access to that email account or phone number. We may also assume that any communications we’ve received from your account or the associated contact information have been made by you.
When we say “your content” in these terms, we mean all the things you add (upload, post, share, or stream) to our services. This may include text, links, GIFs, emoji, photos, videos, documents, or other media. If we come up with another way for you to add content to the services, it includes that too.
You don’t have any obligation to add content to the services. If you choose to add content to the services, you are responsible for ensuring that you have the right to do so, that you have the right to grant the licenses in the terms, and that your content is lawful. We take no responsibility for any of your content, and we are not responsible for others’ use of your content.
Your content is yours, but you give us a license to it when you use our services. Your content may be protected by certain intellectual property rights. We don’t own those. But by using our services, you grant us a license—which is a form of permission—to do the following with your content, in accordance with applicable legal requirements, in connection with operating, developing, and improving our services:
- Use, copy, store, distribute, and communicate your content in manners consistent with your use of the services. (For example, so we can store and display your content.)
- Monitor, modify, translate, and reformat your content. (For example, so we can resize an image you post to fit on a mobile device.)
- Sublicense your content, to allow our services to work as intended. (For example, so we can store your content with our cloud service providers.)
This license is worldwide, non-exclusive (which means you can still license your content to others), royalty-free (which means there are no fees for this license), transferable, and perpetual.
Other people’s content. Our services might also provide you with access to other people’s content. You may not use this content without that person’s consent, or as allowed by law. Other people’s content is theirs and doesn’t necessarily reflect Sandals Church’s own views. We don’t endorse or verify the accuracy or reliability of content shared by our users. We work hard to try to make this a safe, positive, and inclusive place, but cannot prevent you from encountering content that you may find objectionable or offensive. You agree we will not be liable for any harm caused by that content. You may report content that you think violates any of our policies. We have the right, but not the obligation, to review such reports and block or remove content at our discretion.
When using our services, you must comply with these terms and all applicable laws, rules, and regulations, and you must only use the services for authorized and acceptable purposes. Fundamentally, do not do, try to do, or encourage or help others to do any of the following:
- Don’t use the services to do harm to yourself or others. Among other things, this includes trying to gain access to another user’s account or any non-public portions of the services, infringing anyone else’s intellectual property rights or any other proprietary rights, harassing, bullying, or spamming through our services.
- Don’t use the services to do harm to Sandals Church. Among other things, this includes trying to gain access to or attacking our systems, scraping us, transmitting viruses or other malicious code to our services, abusing or defrauding us or our systems, copying our product or using our intellectual property without permission, and misusing our reporting or customer service mechanisms.
- Don’t use the services to do anything else that’s illegal. This includes using the services to commit any crime or infringe anyone’s intellectual property rights.
We encourage you to report content or conduct that you believe violates these restrictions.
Your right to terminate. You’re free to stop using our services at any time and for any reason. You can delete your account through the Me tab in the Sandals Church app. Deleting your account does not terminate this agreement. Subject to applicable law, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account and/or your access to some or all of our services with or without notice, at our discretion, including if:
- You breach these terms, or additional terms that apply to specific products.
- We’re required to do so to comply with a legal requirement or court order.
- We reasonably believe termination is necessary to prevent harm to you, us, other users, or third parties.
- Your account has been inactive for more than two years.
However, we will give you advance notice if reasonable to do so or required by applicable law.
These guidelines explain what is and isn’t allowed on Sandals Church Chat and related services.
In general, be respectful of yourself, others, and Sandals Church. This is a place for community, and kindness is critical.
- Do not harass others or organize, promote, or participate in harassment. Disagreements happen and are normal, but making continuous, repetitive, or severe negative comments or circumventing a block or ban can cross the line into harassment and is not okay.
- Do not organize, promote, or participate in hate speech or hateful conduct. It’s unacceptable to attack a person or a community based on attributes such as their race, ethnicity, caste, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender presentation, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, age, serious illness, disabilities, or other protected classifications.
- Do not make threats of violence or threaten to harm others. This includes indirect or suggestive threats, as well as sharing or threatening to share someone’s personally identifiable information (also known as doxxing).
- Do not use for the organization, promotion, or support of violent extremism. This also includes glorifying violent events, the perpetrators of violent acts, or similar behaviors.
- Do not sexualize children in any way. You cannot share content or links which depict children in a pornographic, sexually suggestive, or violent manner, including illustrated or digitally altered pornography that depicts children and conduct grooming behaviors. We report illegal content and grooming to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.
- Do not share sexually explicit content
- Do not share content that violates anyone’s intellectual property or other rights.